This latest addition to the company’s line up of profession-grade lenses for X-series interchangeable-lens cameras covers a wide shooting range of 27mm wide-angle to 206mm telephoto equivalent*. It has the world’s most advanced 5.0-stop image stabilization technology** and features a dust-proof and waterproof structure with weather resistant sealing applied to more than 20 different areas of the lens.
(3) World’s most advanced 5.0-stop image stabilization function
- In order to achieve the world’s most advanced 5.0-stop image stabilization performance, the ability to detect movement in the low-frequency band was improved, and an algorithm to accurately sense blur from the detected signal was developed. Correction performance was doubled in the low-speed shutter range. This helps to support a lightly-equipped shooting style without the use of a tripod.
- The newly adopted high-precision gyro sensor is installed with quartz oscillators which detect movement from high frequency to low frequency bandwidths.
(4) Weather resistant structure
- Weather resistant structure with sealing applied to 20 different areas of the lens barrel is resistant to typical atmospheric changes that occur in a natural environment, such as sudden rain, dust, and splashes of water.
- In order to improve the feel when adjusting the zoom, a ventilator has been placed on the inside of the base of the lens barrel. The structure effectively prevents dust particles and moisture from getting into the lens to ensure smooth operation.
- Designed to be paired with the Fujifilm X-T1 and its dedicated vertical grip VG-XT1 which also have weather resistant bodies.
(5) Light-weight and compact design for excellent portability
- The XF18-135mm lens offers a wide shooting range, advanced image stabilization, and a dust-proof, waterproof structure, all in a compact structure.
- When combined with the X-T1, the camera and lens weigh a mere 930g. This highly portable weather resistant kit offers much improved flexibility and wider photo opportunities to the photographer.
- The adoption of 4 aspherical lenses, each of which delivers the performance of multiple general spherical lenses together, has been used to achieve the lens’ extremely short optical length. With an easily maneuverable size and good holding balance with the total lens length, a comfortable shooting style is promised.