The Canon CN-E 35mm T1.5 L F Cine Prime Lens EF Mount provides an image circle that covers full frame sensors. Designed to provide sharp images even when working at 4K resolution, the lens is designed to work with the Canon EOS C series of cameras, but also works with all Canon EOS HD-DSLRs. The CN-E 35mm features a 35mm focal length, and shares the same form factor, lens gear position, focus rotation, and front barrel diameter as the other Canon Cinema Prime Lenses. This makes on set lens changes between Canon Cine Primes a fast and efficient operation.
It features a maximum T stop of 1.5, useful when shooting in low light situations, or when you want to capture that exceedingly shallow depth of field look. The 11-bladed iris provides round out of focus highlights for a natural looking bokeh. The lens barrel features 300 degrees of rotation from close focus to infinity; this gives you a high degree of precision and consistent focus. The the lens is designed to minimize focus breathing, and features a geared manual iris ring. Markings on both sides of the lens barrel, make it readable form either side of the camera. The lens features a dust and water resistant housing to minimize maintenance during normal use.
- The CN-E35mm T1.5 L F Cinema Prime Lens is capable of focusing images on a sensor with full 4K-Resolution. Whether you're shooting in HD with a Canon EOS DSLR camera or in 4K using an EOS C500 Digital Cinema Camera, the CN-E35mm T1.5 L F provides superb image quality, contrast and color fidelity.
- The lens features a genuine Canon EF mount and works with all Cinema EOS camera models, as well as, all EOS HD-DSLR cameras including Full-Frame models. The EF mount has electronic contacts that allow direct communication between eathe lens and camera. Both the T-stop and the focus position are recorded in the video file.
- The use of an 11-blade iris produces a smooth round appearance to out of focus specular highlights. The Iris also produces a pleasing "Bokeh", referring to natural looking out of focus areas of the image. The iris is manual and features smooth movement without click stops for smooth exposure adjustments while recording.
- The lens has markings on angled surfaces on both sides of the barrel, making it easy to read focus and aperture settings from behind or from either side of the camera.
- The lens shares the same front lens diameters and gear positioning on the focus and iris rings as the other lenses in the series, making lens switching quick and convenient. Additionally, the focus ring features 300º of smooth rotation to help facilitate consistently accurate focusing especially when pulling focus during a shot.
- Equipped with gaskets and seals for dust and water resistant operation, the lens is ready to shoot, even in severe conditions.
- Designed to minimize variations in the angle of view while focusing, a phenomenon known as focus breathing. This feature is extremely important while pulling focus, especially on static shots, where focus breathing is more noticeable.
- The lens features threading on the front of the lens to accommodate 105mm screw on filters. This feature allows the camera operator to add filters over the lens without taking up a filter stage in a matte box.
|Focal Length||35mm fixed focal length|
|Maximum Aperture||T = 1.5|
|Diaphragm Blades||11 blades|
|Angle of View||1.78:1
0.96 x 0.54" (24.6 x 13.8 mm): 38.7° x 22.3°
1.4 x .94" (36 x 24 mm): 54.4° x 37.8°
|Minimum Object Distance||From front of lens: 12" (30.5 cm)|
|Object Dimensions at M.O.D.||1.78:1
0.96 x 0.54" (24.6 x 13.8 mm): 5.4 x 3.0" (13.7 x 7.7 cm)
1.4 x .94" (36 x 24 mm): 7.9 x 5.3" (20.1 x 13.4 cm)
|Front Lens Diameter||114 mm|
|Dimensions||4.66 x 4.66 x 4" (11.8 x 11.8 x 10.16 cm)|
|Weight||2.43 lbs (1.1 kg)|